Yesterday we talked about the importance of batching content and creating a month’s worth at a time—that’s a lot of content!
I’ve mentioned on this blog before that writer’s block isn’t truly a “block” or inability to write… it’s just a lack of ideas. I’ve listed 52 “Power Prompts” below to give you a head start. That’s one for every week!
1) I remember _______.
2) I almost gave up when ________.
3) I was never so scared as when ___________ but then I ________ anyway.
4) I’ve never been happier than when ________.
5) I am so proud of ________ because ________. (This one is great for profiling a happy customer.)
6) I’ll never forget when I made ________ mistake (and why).
7) My hero is ________ because _________.
8) Talk about a great shortcut related to your product or service. If this is intangible (like a donation for a nonprofit), remember, customers can take shortcuts to happiness or satisfaction. E.g. John Smith realized the power of giving when he heard that his donation helped to fund new, groundbreaking research in pediatric glioblastoma, a rare but commonly lethal form of pediatric brain cancer.
9) The best advice I ever received was _________.
10) When I can’t sleep, it’s usually because I’m thinking about ________.
11) The last person (or thing) I think about before I fall asleep is usually __________.
12) No one ever believes me when I tell them _________.
13) Dear ______, You are already ahead of the game because ________ (in the second blank, describe what receiving this email does for them … do they know one more thing about marketing, or fitness, or organizing their home)?
14) The biggest doubt I hear from _________ is ________. (This should relate to a common customer objection, but try to avoid “it’s too expensive” because it’s pretty hard to get into depth about that. Price becomes less of a factor when potential customers see features and benefits clearly anyway.)
15) My most prized possession is __________.
16) Don’t tell ________ but I just __________.
17) If I could go back and talk to my (enter age at least ten years younger here) self, I would say ___________.
18) _________ was my most memorable teacher because _______.
19) I love ________ because _________. (Get specific here about traits … make it interesting and unexpected).
20) The best advice I ever received was ____________.
21) My favorite season is __________ because __________.
22) Right now, _________ is really bothering me because __________. (This could be a fad, a trend, etc.
23) I wish ________ were a word because I use it all the time. (Here is your opportunity to introduce a signature phrase … bonus points if it eventually ranks on your SEO).
24) If you want __________ done right you’ve got to __________. (If you say “Do it yourself,” it better be a really interesting story. It’s best to put a twist on this one and then explain why).
25) My day doesn’t feel complete until I ____________.
26) __________ is really bothering me right now (This could be a trend, current event, etc.).
27) Whenever I eat __________ I am reminded of ____________.
28) My bucket list has ____________ items on it. The scariest one is __________ because ____________.
29) __________ makes me feel vulnerable because ___________.
30) You would never know this by looking at me (or whoever you are writing about), but __________.
31) _________ was a pivotal moment for me because I finally realized _________.
32) My favorite ice cream flavor is _________. Not so much because it tastes good, but it reminds me of _________.
33) Everyone is buying into the myth that _________. Here is why you shouldn’t lose sleep over it.
34) To me, happiness means _________.
35) _________ was really a life changer for me.
36) I used to think ________ but now I think ___________. Here’s why.
37) My happiest moment last week was __________.
38) My scariest moment last week was __________.
39) I am most confident when __________.
40) I ate _______ for breakfast and that always reminds me of __________.
41) My favorite kind of weather is _________ because __________.
42) My favorite holiday is __________ because ___________.
43) __________ is something I’d like to forget forever.
44) I can’t wait for _________.
45) When it all comes down to it, do you ever feel like _________ is really about _________?
46) My favorite color is _________. Not because it makes me feel ________ but because it makes me think about ________.
47) I just finished watching ________ and now I can’t stop thinking about ________.
48) The scariest goal I have right now is _________.
49) My best friend understands that I _________.
50) Today I have to tell you a secret.
51) ________ isn’t really about _________. Why? Because _________. (This is another great way to address customer objections.)
52) I never imagined _________.